Lead Hardware Engineer
Ainstein, AI is a rapidly growing radar technology company based in Lawrence, KS. We offer employees flexibility, growth, and great benefits. As a Lead Hardware Engineer, you will be using your solid knowledge of hardware circuit design, best practices and lead the hardware development for various high-tech radar sensors.
We offer work that's interesting and challenging. In addition to a competitive base salary, this position is also eligible for a performance bonus and a full range of company benefits. We also pride ourselves on supporting a good balance between work and personal life.
This position reports to: Director of Engineering
Successful candidates will have the following experience:
- Lead the efforts to design new products and maintain digital and RF PCBAs, components, and interconnects.
- Manage the hardware design process, recommend EDA tools, and monitor the efficient deployment of new technologies and systems.
- Analyze product performance and component prices to ensure adherence to industry standards.
- Lead the certification efforts for FCC, CE, ISO, UL, or other compliance testing efforts
- Coordinate with product development teams to incorporate best practice Design for Testability (DFT) and Design for Manufacturing (DFM) methods into each design.
- Develop a test strategy for products (subsystems and systems) to ensure viability with expected product cost and volumes. Communicate any findings to the larger design team and management and work on cost-down projects as required.
- Prepare reports for product deployment schedules and provide recommendations to Engineering management for review and approval.
- Collaborate with cross-functional design teams such as mechanical, algorithm, and software.
- Provide training to junior engineers and supervise other hardware design work to ensure compatibility, reliability, and adherence to Ainstein hardware design practices.
- MS in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- 5+ years of experience as a Hardware or Lead Hardware Engineer
On site in Lawrence, KS
More reasons to apply:
- To be part of a company going places
- Exciting challenges
- Great Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision and supplemental insurance plus 401(k) with a great match
- Eligibility 1st of month following date of hire
- Easy to Apply
- Generous Paid Time Off - 12 vacation days, 5 sick days, and 10 company paid holidays
- Eligible for Annual Bonus
Ainstein AI is a growing radar technology company based in Lawrence, Kansas. Ainstein AI is in the business of improving safety and protecting valuable assets through innovations in radar technology. We make radar systems smarter, more affordable, and easier to deploy. We offer complete solutions for autonomous drones, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, (ADAS), autonomous vehicles and industrial sensing – incorporating a combination of mmWave radar, sensor fusion and artificial intelligence (AI).